Everything Is Beautiful: Gloomy disposition

Hi there!

The awesome guys over at Oh Hey Mktg built me a great new site, http://emilyshearing.com/.
Click the link if you aren't automatically re-directed and make sure you update your bookmarks!

Thanks so much,

Emily

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gloomy disposition

So the weather in good ol' upstate New York is approaching 90 degrees, and I'm a huge lover of the heat. So much so that I book my Las Vegas vacations in August. So why am I in such a blah mood?

Gorgeous days like these remind me of the life I had three years ago, before full-time jobs, car payments and DVR as my main source of entertainment. I remember spending lazy June days outside at my apartment soaking in the rays on the rooftop deck, only getting up for a popsicle or a refill of pink lemonade. I would stay out there until my skin felt like it was about to boil off or until it was time for me to go work the phones as a salon receptionist.

Those are the days I think about now, cooped up in an office with air conditioning and a complete lack of windows. I just wish summer vacations lasted a lifetime.

Maybe I'll just do this on my lunch hour instead:



(Photo from Glamour)

No comments:

Post a Comment