Everything Is Beautiful: Beautiful Friday: Marathon

Hi there!

The awesome guys over at Oh Hey Mktg built me a great new site, http://emilyshearing.com/.
Click the link if you aren't automatically re-directed and make sure you update your bookmarks!

Thanks so much,

Emily

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Beautiful Friday: Marathon


After months and months of training, this Sunday marks my first marathon. (I have a picture of delectable pancakes because I've chosen banana walnut pancakes as my last meal on Saturday afternoon.) My only goal is to finish (in one piece) with a smile on my face.

A lot of people have asked me why I decided to run 26.2 miles. Honestly, my only answer is, "Why not?" It's a goal I've thought about for a long time but never really had a reason behind it. Maybe it's for glory or to check it off my bucket list, but more than anything, I hope it inspires me to accomplish things I never thought I could do before.

(Photo from Smitten Kitchen)

2 comments:

  1. I always felt that giving birth gave me the strength to accomplish anything, but... quite frankly, I've had other athletic accomplishments that somehow overshadow it!

    Way to go on the marathon! What a wonderful gift to give yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete