Everything Is Beautiful: The loss of a fashion icon

Hi there!

The awesome guys over at Oh Hey Mktg built me a great new site, http://emilyshearing.com/.
Click the link if you aren't automatically re-directed and make sure you update your bookmarks!

Thanks so much,

Emily

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The loss of a fashion icon


Instead of my daily fashion obsession, I'm going to dedicate this post to the loss of a fashion icon, an innovator, a true artist and my first ever fashion obsession, Alexander McQueen. Just days before London fashion week, the British designer was found dead of an apparent suicide. My earliest fashion memories revolve around McQueen. When I was 11 or 12, I would wake up early every Saturday morning to watch Fashion File on E! (do you remember that show?). In between mimicking the models' walks in my living room clad in my flannel PJs, almost every episode would include an excerpt of an Alexander McQueen fashion show. Although I couldn't quite grasp the genius of his work, I knew even then it was something special. His bizarre world of head pieces, dramatic designs and crazy tall shoes (see Lady Gaga, "Bad Romance") was truly inspiring and one-of-a-kind.

(Photo via Zimbio)

No comments:

Post a Comment