Everything Is Beautiful: Beautiful weekend

Hi there!

The awesome guys over at Oh Hey Mktg built me a great new site, http://emilyshearing.com/.
Click the link if you aren't automatically re-directed and make sure you update your bookmarks!

Thanks so much,

Emily

Monday, April 26, 2010

Beautiful weekend










Most of my weekend was planned around the fact that I was running a half marathon Sunday morning. Going to bed early, eating the right foods and resting. Friday I did make it out to dinner with a dear friend at an amazing Greek restaurant I'd never been to before. One word: Baklava. Saturday I went to the public market with my dad and splurged on a peanut butter cup cupcake from The Cupcake Dreamery (I knew I'd burn it off the next day) and crashed around 9 p.m. that night to make my 5 a.m. wake up call. I've been training for this run for months now, and I was really nervous considering my lack of running with my Eurotrip in the middle of my training schedule. My goal was to finish in two hours, and I made it in two hours, six minutes. Not bad considering the course was much hillier than I expected, and I have to give credit to my friend Don who really helped push me. But that last half mile I sprinted with a charlie horse in my calf was tough. When I crossed that finish line, tears came down my face and I was so happy I accomplished such a feat. If you asked me a year ago if I could run a half marathon, I'd have thought you were crazy. Now I want to run a full marathon. The idea of going around the course again is daunting, but something I must check off my life list.

*Update: Yes, I'm aware I am pale. But I am owning pasty right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment