Everything Is Beautiful: Where are all the fashionistas?

Hi there!

The awesome guys over at Oh Hey Mktg built me a great new site, http://emilyshearing.com/.
Click the link if you aren't automatically re-directed and make sure you update your bookmarks!

Thanks so much,

Emily

Monday, September 14, 2009

Where are all the fashionistas?

Living in upstate New York (Great Lakes upstate) is, well, disappointing. Our weather isn't conducive to planning an outfit (in the morning all you want to do is bundle up, but by the time the day's over you're sweating through your cashmere), people tend to be conservative and - most importantly - can't dress to save their lives. Now I'm not saying there aren't some fabulous fashionistas walking around town, but they are few and far between. And if you're one of the stylish select few, you stick out like a blonde girl in Chinatown. And they stare you down, too.

So yesterday marked the debut of Anna Sui's Gossip Girl inspired line for Target. I proudly set my alarm on a Sunday morning to make sure I'd be the first in line at the only Target in town to carry the line. Except when I got there at 8 a.m., not one other girl was waiting at the doors. There was one girl in the dressing rooms trying on some of the pieces, but she wasn't just there for Anna Sui. I was so disappointed. I guess I expected it to be cutthroat - like a sample sale with running and grabbing three sizes at a time. Just another reason why I don't belong upstate. But downstate, I'll get there soon.

Here are the two pieces I picked up. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the grey dress or not. If anyone is interested in it, let me know.

(Photos from Target via Nitrolicious)

No comments:

Post a Comment